Please Sign Below If You Think Vermont Children Deserve Both Parents!


Our Mission, Vision, and Core Principles

We are peaceful, law-abiding Vermont Citizens who believe in equality for all;

We believe children have a natural right to be nurtured and guided by both parents;

We believe fit parents have the right to parent, and both should be assumed primary caregivers for their children

We believe in a society that treats fathers and mothers as equally important to the wellbeing of their children;

We are opposed to domestic violence of any kind, and perpetrators of such violence should be fully prosecuted;

We are opposed to false accusation of domestic violence of any kind, perpetrators should be fully prosecuted;

We believe the State of Vermont should proclaim the following:
WHEREAS, being cared for and protected by both parents is a basic human right for all children;

WHEREAS, parenting is a basic human right and choice for all parents;

RESOLVED, Vermont hereby presumes fit parents as equal primary care providers for their children.
Both Parents Are Best

American Coalition For Fathers and Children (ACFC)

Fathers who actually are Fathers and not "Weekend Dads"

Acts of Human Kindness (!/group.php?gid=259019035593)

Vermont Divorce Mentors

Fathers and Families

Stop False Accusations Against Innocent Men (!/group.php?gid=2304974332)


Keeping Children out of Conflict

Stop Parents who drive drunk with their kids in the car

Rebuild Your Relationship After Parental Alienation

Many noncustodial parents have more reason than most taxpayers to dislike April 15. That’s because, according to the Internal Revenue Service, child support payments are not deductible expenses to the noncustodial payer. Nor does the IRS classify support payments as taxable income to the custodial parent who receives them.

David Bruner, a Merced, California, certified public accountant writing in the Merced Star newspaper(, reminds us of these facts, which also include:

- In the event you are receiving child support, you do have to report as taxable income the amount that exceeds the child support payments required by court-ordered custody.

- Alimony, unlike child support, is a tax-deductible expense for the person paying it and taxable income to the person receiving it.

- However, for the alimony to be tax deductible you and your divorced or separated spouse cannot live in the same household when you make the payments.

- You do not have to itemize to deduct alimony payments. Report them as an adjustment on the first page of the 1040 tax form.

- You must report the recipient's Social Security number to get the alimony deduction. The IRS will use this number to make sure the recipient reports the alimony as income.
COPYRIGHT Vermont Free To Parent